Food. Travel. Recipes.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Come Eat At My House! (Part 1)

A random thing me and my friends have started doing is Come Eat At My House - a slight variation on the television name for the programme where you basically, if you didn't know (!), go round people's houses and eat a three course meal. Now we didn't quite stick to the voting side of things, we all just ended up gushing about the food to be quite honest!

So the first person to host this was my friend Maz (or Marie). It was her idea in the beginning and she set up the Facebook page, where you can post your menus and basically whoever likes the look of the meal can go along. To be honest, she has mentioned these meals before in passing and I've always commented how lovely they sound, so I was excited for the meal.

Luckily the weather was lovely, and we all arrived to have a photo taken coming into the house (very Come Dine With Me -esque just sans the actual filming!) we all had drinks, and chatted in the living room while Maz got started on the food (wearing a really cool apron I might add!)

When it was ready, we all sat down for the starter; garlic mushrooms in a cheesy sauce on mini ciabatta slices with a rocket garnish.


The starter being prepared.


This was very yummy. I am a massive fan of anything garlicky, and garlic mushrooms.

Afterwards we all had a look round the house (even though we’ve all been round there many times before) and tried to comment on things Come Dine With Me style!

Next up was the main course, sweet chilli mediterranean vegetable pasta (with optional chicken). I loved the fresh bite of the red onion, juicy tomato and peppers mixed with the sweet chilli sauce, it gave a real tangy taste!



Finally, dessert. Toffee and Banana Cheesecake. Now I have to mention here that Maz herself was not too happy with the way it turned out as the bottom part of the cheesecake ended up breaking up slightly but I really didn’t have a whole lot to complain about, and nor did anybody else! Cheesecake is one of my all-time favourite desserts and even though I’ve said everything was “yummy” so far, I’m going to annoy everyone and just repeat myself again! This was very yummy! I thought the toffee sauce as well was really scrummy!


At the end of the night, we just chilled out, listened to the latest Chase and Status album and chatted, and messed around with cameras. All of us agreeing that Maz should really get top marks!

Who’s up next?!

1 comment:

  1. Yay :) Thanks for posting about this :) I hope you are going to do one soon with all your delicious looking recipes on here! x

    ReplyDelete