Food. Travel. Recipes.

Friday 11 November 2011

Chorizo salad with a lemony rosemary dressing

This a lunchbox salad, something I prepared the night before (so I had time) with some of my favourite ingredients. Obviously Chorizo isn't the healthiest ingredient to accompany a salad but sometimes you have a to spruce up those green leaves and it honestly has the best flavour (well that's my argument...), sometimes an occasional naughty few slices of Chorizo are just what's needed in a few recipes! I thought I would also add a lemon rosemary flavoured dressing, I had used rosemary in another recipe earlier in the week and it just has the most amazing fragrant smell that I had to find something else to put it in! The lemon and rosemary, along with the Chorizo went well together and all of flavours were so sharp and tasty!

Serves 1 for lunch!

A couple of handfuls of spinach (enough to fill the lunchbox you're using)
A good handful of cherry tomatoes (around about 8!)
1/4 cucumber, chopped
1/4 of a chorizo roundel, chopped into fairly thin slices

A few generous shavings of parmesan cheese
A teaspoon of rosemary leaves (the 'leaves' actually look like pine needles)
A tablespoon of lemon juice
A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

Mix all of the salad ingredients with the chorizo in a bowl.



In another bowl, prepare the dressing. Then add to the main bowl of salad leaves. Dress well and spoon into a lunchbox! Easy peasy!



No comments:

Post a Comment